Re: pl/sql question.

From: <yitbsal_at_statcan.ca>
Date: 2000/08/04

In article <a1Oh5.1291$nT.137455_at_news.pacbell.net>,   "Joe" <ssarabi_at_pacbell.net> wrote:
> Is it possible(wise) to use pl/sql to perform complex mathematical
> computations? or, would it be more efficient to perform such
 calculations
> using a programming language such as C++ or Java. As far as record
> retrival/storage from/to the database goes, I'm only
 retrieving/writing no
> more than 1000 records at any given time, and this perhaps is done no
 more
> than 150 times daily.
> thanks.

Exactly what type of calculations are these? Do these calculations involve input from all '1000 records', or just one record at a time. As others replied, you may want to use Pro*C. Or you may use a combination of PL/SQL and C external procedures.

Salaam Yitbarek

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message