Re: ??? (Statement)setQueryTimeout(int) ???

From: Joseph Weinstein <joe_at_weblogic.com>
Date: 2000/06/30

King wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone use JDBC 2.0 Statement api setQueryTimeout(int)? Does it work?
> I tried to set the time limits and expected the program throw SQLException.

Hi. I believe that Oracle's wire-level client-DBMS protocol is currently incapable of interupting a query, once sent, so there is no way for their driver to implement this JDBC function. You should certainly confirm this with Oracle, but this is my understanding.

Joe Weinstein at BEA

--

PS: Folks: BEA WebLogic is in S.F., and now has some entry-level positions for
people who want to work with Java and E-Commerce infrastructure products. Send