Expanding Oracle processes

From: Torben von Deyen <tvd_at_vip.cybercity.dk>
Date: 2000/06/09

Hi

We have a strange problem with some real-time jobs using Oracle 7.3.4 on AIX 4.3. The jobs are developed in C using Pro*C. When the job is executing the Oracle creates a session/process for handling the requests from this job. All this is just normal. But the strange thing is, that when the jobs is running, the Oracle processes is expanding more and more in memory, i.e. from 5 Mb to 50 Mb in 12 hours, like some kind of a memory leak. The jobs as been running for several years with Oracle 7.3.2.2 on AIX 4.2, without any problems, but as the jobs, for some time ago, was installed and recompiled on a new AIX 4.3 machine, the memory-problem appeared.

What might cause this stange behaviour? Is it a memory-problem with Oracle 7.4? Is it a memory-problem in our real-time jobs?

Thanks.

Torben von Deyen, Denmark. Received on Fri Jun 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message