writing new lines into CLOBs?

From: Eddie Hernandez <hernandez_at_mdintouch.com>
Date: 2000/05/12

I am trying to write several lines of text into a CLOB (preserving the new line after each line). Unfortuantely when I display the CLOB it is one huge line.

I am using the DBMS_LOB.WRITE and DBMS_LOB.WRITEAPPEND stored procedures. My question is how
can I insert a new line after each DBMS_LOB.WRITE call into the CLOB? What I basically need is a
WRITE_LINE similar to the UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE but unfortunately DBMS_LOB.WRITE_LINE doesn't exist.

I am running 8.1.6 EE on Windows NT 4.

any help would be appreciated, thanks

Eddie Hernandez
Chief Systems Architect
MDinTouch, Inc.
hernandez_at_mdintouch.com Received on Fri May 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message