executing a procedure

From: Louis <frolio_at_videoshare.com>
Date: 2000/04/02

Greeting All, I have created a simple stored procedure that takes arguments and
then writes them to a new record in my user table. Below is the code for this procedure:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE spAddUser (

   IvcFirstName       IN       VARCHAR2,
   IvcLastName        IN       VARCHAR2,
   OvcErrorMessage    OUT      VARCHAR2

)

AS
AppError EXCEPTION;

BEGIN OvcErrorMessage := 'NO ERROR.';

   INSERT INTO VIDEOSHARE.tbUser

        VALUES(
           IvcFirstName,
           IvcLastName
        );

   COMMIT; EXCEPTION
   WHEN OTHERS THEN

      ROLLBACK;
      OvcErrorMessage := 'Error Inserting Record: spAddUser: Pos #1.' ||
SQLERRM;
      RAISE AppError;
      RETURN;

END spAddUser;
/

When I try to execute this procedure:

execute spAddUser ('Pete', 'Rose');

I am prompted with the error message:

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'SPADDUSER'
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

I think it has to do with my output paramater? Do I need to pass something to this or
do I need to default it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Louis Received on Sun Apr 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message