Re: referencing objects

From: Craig Orson Oakland (COO I) <"Craig>
Date: 2000/03/30

Sounds like you want to utilise synonyms.

--
(:(-(=(Craig O. Oakland (COO I)=)-):)
...owns rides and maintains

http://home.pacbell.net/oioioioi/

Louis <frolio_at_videoshare.com> wrote in message

: Greetings All, I have created an Oracle 8i database that is to
: be used on a web database server. I have created a schema
: called "internet" and have been creating objects(tables, procedures,
: etc.) in this schema. Now, I have created a user called "inet" which
: will be the default user that will connect to the database via the web
: server.
: My question is this: When the web team designs their web pages and
: they go to reference a procedure in the "internet" schema do they need
: to preface the procedure call with the schema name? For example:
: internet.spProcedure. Is it possible to have the login user "inet" call
: the procedure without prefacing it with the schema name? For example:
: spProcedure. I ask this because we are coming off a SQL server database
: and all the object where compile under the dbo user and in this case when
: a procedure call takes place from the web server the schema name is not
: needed. It is my hope to mimic this in Oracle so that our web team does
not
: have to go through all their code to add the schema name to each procedure
: call.
:
: Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:
: Yours, Louis
:
: frolio_at_videoshare.com