Accessing non oracle db from PLSQL

From: MPG <pg_miguel_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/03/08

Hi folks,

I am trying to access from a stored procedure in a local oracle db(oracle 8i for NT) a non-oracle remote database (SQL-server db).

    Until now, what I've been able to do is accessing the remote db from sql-plus by creating an ODBC origin for SQL-server with the Microsoft ODBC Administrator, and using that ODBC origin as the Host string in the sql-plus connection. This works OK, but what I need is to be able to access the remote non-oracle db from PL/SQL. Can anybody give me a hint on how to do this?

Cheers Received on Wed Mar 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message