Re: Citrix MetaFrame 1.8 + Oracle 8

From: Olivier <Olivier_at_alaska.net>
Date: 1999/11/19

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:48:34 GMT, myrdhin_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>Hey, folks!
>
>I have a very important client who claims that running their Oracle 8-
>based application on a Citrix MetaFrame 1.8 server is causing
>significant database corruption. Database curruption has been known to
>occur on non-Citrix servers within their organization in the past;
>however, they claim that it has not occurred since they recently moved
>their application off of the Citrix server. I am of the opinion that
>it is more likely the result of some other factor(s), as both Oracle
>and Citrix are unable to provide any information to substantiate my
>client's fears about MetaFrame/Oracle incompatibilities involving the
>versions in question. Does anyone have any similar experiences,
>thoughts or suggestions, or is anyone even using these two products
>together successfully (i.e. without any database corruption)?
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
>Sincerely,
>Ryan M. Davis, MCSE/ASE
>The Electronic Office of Asheville, NC
>http://www.electronicoffice.net
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.
I am sorry I cannot provide you with a solution (or an answer for your client).
BUT, when customers have custom applications, I make it a point to test the app on an NT Workstation _before_ it goes in production on WF/MF (my way of setting customer's expections)... If they have experienced corruption before accessing the app through MF, then the problem lays outside the Citrix ring... My course of action would be to try to replicate the corruption problems from a local workstation (if you are already in a live situation, I understand that it is easier said than done). One of our client is accessing an Oracle DB/Financial with 250 users through MF1.8a... No glitch so far...

Olivier Received on Fri Nov 19 1999 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message