Re: Problem: NT, svrmgr23, and privilage

From: Henk Monen <Henk.Monen_at_centric.nl>
Date: 1999/11/13

Did you try Services (Start --> Settings --> Control Panel) on your machine? Open it and you will see a list of services. Scrolling down you will encounter OracleServiceINSTANCENAME and OracleStartINSTANCENAME. Stop both services for the appropriate instance by selecting and clicking on the STOP button, this will shutdown your database in a proper way. When you like to startup the database, simply click on the START button. Of course you must be logged on as a user with administration privileges on NT.
Success.