Re: How to package an Oracle Database ???

From: <lempert_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 1999/10/27

In article <PykR3.39832$E_1.2279855_at_typ11.nn.bcandid.com>,   "SugarCrum" <sugarcrum_at_ga.nospam.prestige.net> wrote:
> Any help is appreciated ...
>
> I have an application that uses an Oracle database. Pretty simple
 database,
> with a user, table space, some triggers and sequencences, and some
> "starting" data in the database.
>
> Is there some kind of Oracle Utility that I can use to make this
 database
> easily installable on a clients machine ? Something will maybe make an
> executable or something that will create the tablespace, create the
 user,
> etc, etc, and put all the data into the tables.
>
> Does Oracle ( or anyone else ) have some kind of utility to do this ?
>
> Thanks so much in advance !!
>
> Either email ( remove the no spam part ) or post back here.
>
> Sugarcrum
> sugarcrum_at_ga. ... no -- spam -- .prestige.net

Using Export and then Import is the simplest way. Yet, I know nothing of any automatic stuff fot eh whole procedure (InstallShield doesn't do Oracle).
Another way is to create installtion scripts in which the only manual things will be the the location of the DB files. U haven't metioned if U are gonna use personal oracle/oracle lite or rather regular C/S, One server for many clients.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 27 1999 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message