Re: Corrupted Datablocks with Oracle under Linux

From: Richard <rwh_at_iquest.net>
Date: 1999/10/13

I have had this under Netware and Oracle 7.0 only. Turned out to be a defective hard drive causing the problem. I replaced the disk and restored a "good" backup.

Good luck!

In article <1av1u7.5uk.ln_at_firewall.ac.imgdev.de>,   "Thomas Winterschlade" <thomas_at_imagedev.com> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> We have serious troubles using Oracle 8.0.5.0 / 8.0.5.1 under Linux
 (Kernel
> 2.2.9, SuSE distribution 6.2).
>
> From time to time the database crashes with the Messages
> "ORA-01578: ORACLE data block corrupted (file # x, block # y)".
>
> Affected are Indexes, !!! TABLES !!! or Rollback-Files, etc.
> For us it is not reconstructable, which database-action causes the
 error and
> why.
>
> Has anyone (had) the same problems ???
> How can the problems be fixed ???
>
> Please send a copy of your answer to my mail-address.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 13 1999 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message