How can a record be passed to a form?

From: Scott Powers <scottp_at_netzero.com>
Date: 1999/10/07

Hi there,

I am working with 2 forms. The first form has a textbox which contains the user's name (inputted by the user).
Using that value, I want to invoke my second form that is to display all the fields of the record identified
by this username. I am trying to use Open_FORM('frm_employeedetail', :login.txt_inputemployeename). But
it doesn't work. How can I pass the :login.txt_inputemployeename to the form: 'frm_employeedetail' so that
it displays the details for this particular username?

Instead of passing :login_txt_inputemployeename, could I pass it a query: 'select ...' instead, so that the second form displays only the records that match the query criteria as passed to it by the first form?

Thanks much!
Scott Received on Thu Oct 07 1999 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message