Database Link / ORA-02018

From: Kai Sodemann <Kai.Sodemann_at_memo.ikea.com>
Date: 1999/10/01

Hi,

I have created a database package, in which I

  1. Create a database link (DBMS_SQL)
  2. select data from the remote database.
  3. Drop the database link (DBMS_SQL)

The problem is, that if I select data from the remote system, I can not drop the database link anymore. I get the following error:

        ORA-02018: database link of same name has an open connection

I don't do something special at point 2..I only have to make a simple query and the link can not be dropped anymore. ORACLE error documentation says, that I have to close cursors, that are using the link. This can only be internal cursors.
Is it possible to close internal cursors ?

Any help is welcome.

Reg Kai Received on Fri Oct 01 1999 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message