CLOB and JDBC 1.1 data type

From: <jim_marshall2268_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1999/09/15

I am using a 3rd party product to access a Oracle 8.0.5 database (using the Oracle OCI driver). I do not have access to the Oracle specific classes from this 3rd party product.

In my database I have a column which is of type CLOB. How can I access this column from this 3rd party product? Specifically the 3rd party product supports the JDBC 1.1 datatypes.

I was thinking I might be able to use a "long varchar" but I'm not sure this will work.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 15 1999 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message