Help! - Trying to use Forms Navigator class

From: Full Forward <full_forward_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 1999/08/03

Hi,

I'm trying to create a form that uses the Navigator class using Oracle Developer 6.0 on Windows NT, with Oracle 8.0.5 installed on the same machine. I have been through the steps in the online help as follows:

1 Open the Object Library STNDRD20.OLB. Click the Components

   tab.

2 Select the Navigator object group. Drag it to the Object

   Groups node in your module and release it.

3 The Subclass dialog appears. If you click Copy, your module

   will contain a local copy of the component. If the component    in the Object Library is later changed, those changes will not    be inherited by your module. If you click Subclass, your    module will contain a subclassed component. If the component    in the Object Library is later changed, those changes will be    inherited by your module. (I chose subclass).

4 Attach the PL/SQL library NAVIGATE.PLL to your module.

5 Customize the navigator as necessary for your application,

   including code to populate the tree.

For complete details, see Reusable Components in the Form Builder Help.

The WHEN-MOUSE-DOUBLE-CLICK trigger in the NAVIGATOR data block contains (amongst other things) the line:

   navigator.display_tree;

When compiling this form, heaps of error messages appear, including:

Error 201 at line 7, column 4
  identifier 'NAVIGATOR.DISPLAY_TREE' must be declared

Can anybody please tell me what I am missing? I am connected to the database as scott/tiger (who owns the demo tables).

Interestingly, the navwiz.fmb form (which is included as one of the Developer 6.0 demos) uses the Navigator class, but the WHEN-MOUSE-DOUBLE-CLICK trigger has been coded differently and doesn't call navigator.display_tree.

Thanks,

FF

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message