Re: Migration Question

From: dreamer <1dreamer_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 13:13:02 GMT

I've migrated from 7.3 to 8.0.5 and then from 8.0.5 to 8.1. Yes, I believe that it is much easier to run an export, strip out the old version of Oracle, intall the latest version and import. With the migration to 8.1 I beleive this is especially the case, since they have changed the directory structure and require a new Oracle Home be built.

One thing to watch for is that Oracle 8 export files do differ from earlier versions; however, Oracle 8.x does come with a utility to import version 7 export files.