Re: SQL Loader 524 Error: How to Prevent?

From: IIFThen <msessions_at_aldensys.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 18:06:53 -0500

I looked in the SQL*Loader generated log file and it reports that all records were loaded ok. When I do a query on database with Oracle SQL Worksheet it says that there are no records in database(used select count(*) from table). SQL*Loader says it loaded records successfully. When I remove the eof character or any characters at the end of my file, the records are loaded successfully and Oracle SQL Worksheet verifies this.

Very Puzzled_at_#%?

IIFThen

John Griffin <jgriffin_at_boyne.u-net.com> wrote in message

> Don't worry its not a problem. All the good records will be loaded and
the
> dodgy ones rejected. You can verify this by checking the log file which
will
> be generated in the same directory as the control file by default.
>
> You can set SQL*Loader up to keep loading until a certain number of errors
> occur ( I think this is 50 by default). If you only have one or two dodgy
> records at the end of the file you will not hit this limit. Even if you
did
> you could increase the limit.
>
> Everything is detailed quite well in the manual.
>
> IIFThen wrote:
>
> > Hello. I'm loading Oracle 8 db with variable length records. How can I
> > prevent the following error from happening if the
datafile(aithwsub.data)