Access Oracle TABLE structure from JDBC

From: David Reece <davidree_at_corp.home.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 19:35:34 GMT

We are building an new application using JDBC to call an existing set of stored procedures (400). Many of the procedures return a datatype of TABLE. My understanding is that the Oracle datatype TABLE is not returned to the client interface using either the OCI or JDBC. Is this the case?

What methods/data structures could we use to create similar functionality using JDBC (using VARRAY, Result Set's, etc)? Has anybody done this?

Our environment is Oracle 8.0.5 database, Oracle 8.0.4.7.0 JDBC client, Java JDK 1.2.

Any answers are appreciated.

Thanks,

David Reese Received on Fri Jun 18 1999 - 21:35:34 CEST

Original text of this message