Connection time from CGI scripts to Oracle

From: Steinar Fremme <fremme_at_intervett.no>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 06:54:10 +0000

Connection time from CGI scripts to Oracle.

I find the connection time for my CGI scripts (Perl and DBI:Oracle) running on a Linux web server to be far to long. Oracle is running on a Novell server. For Oracle it's abt 2-4 sec. The the same scripts using Sybase uses less than a sec.

Dos anyone have a hint for me how to solve this - using a connection pool etc. ? If someone has made a connection pool server - I would like to get in contact!

I need a less costly solution that the "application server", and mod_perl is not possible for me to use here.

Thank You for you're help.

Steinar Fremme Received on Fri Jun 18 1999 - 08:54:10 CEST

Original text of this message