JDBC / Oracle / JAVA - Problem compiling

From: Teri Vokus <vokus_at_mrsl.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 10:06:14 -0400

I am trying to compile a JAVA application which registers the Oracle JDBC driver and gets a compile error "Class oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver not found in type declaration. DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver())"

I thought it was a classpath problem, but I have tried everything I can think of with that including using the -c option on JAVAC and giving it the path there, copying the dbjava_classes111.zip to my working directory, playing with the classpath setting.

The program compiles fine on WINNT.

Here is the code:

import java.sql.*;

class demo
{

   public static void main (String args{}) throws SQLException   {

     DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());   // This gets the compiler error and it stops here
     Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(
                                   "jdbc:oracle:thin:_at_xien01:1526:xiph", "scott", "tiger");
     ResultSet rset = stmt.executeQuery("select ENAME from EMP");
     while (rset.next)
           System.out.println(rset.getString(1));
   }
}

Any ideas? Thanks. Teri (vokus_at_mrsl.com) Received on Tue Jun 01 1999 - 16:06:14 CEST

Original text of this message