Re: Operating System Vs. Applications? (Abstract Milieu)

From: <amber-dragon_at_earthling.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 05:31:23 GMT

In article <idHHM8QJdnVy-pn2-BJJtxidnZIMg_at_localhost>,   maxwarpyyy_at_xxxquasarbbs.com (Massimo) wrote:
> On Mon, 24 May 1999 05:35:43, amber-dragon_at_earthling.net wrote:
>
> > We live in times when all show much concern about HOW computing
works
> > and disregard WHAT we intended to get of computing. In reality any
> > operating system: both Windows and Linux are mammoth to work with.
It is

> Have you ever tried OS/2 Warp 4 (server or client)?....
>
> OS/2 + DB2 UDB are times better than nt+oracle/sybase/informix or even
> linux...
>
> Massimo S.
> IBM OS/2 Warp 4
> Certified Engineer
> Sys Admin/Web Master
> http://www.itline.it/os2
> http://www.quasarbbs.com
> irc.quasarbbs.com #Bar

Saying honestly, I haven't tried OS/2 but at least I haven't heard it introduced something new... I don't speak about convenience of using or something like that. I mean about what I have mentioned before - operating system at qualifically new level of its representation.

Sincerely yours,
Yuriy Guskov

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Tue May 25 1999 - 07:31:23 CEST

Original text of this message