Re: ORA-12612 cognos impromptu request server 5.0 - hardware SP2 AIX

From: Jim Campbell <jec01_at_richmond.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 16:44:49 -0400

This is an error I came across when trying to access over a million records from an Oracle table. Impromptu does not interface too well with Oracle sometimes. To overcome this problem, you can modify the generated SQL code to select all. I can't remember the exact code we used.

Remember to keep a backup copy of the original Impromptu report before modifying any SQL code. After the modification, you cannot make changes to the report design other through Impromptu's GUI.