multiple connections / dlls and proc 2.1 and 2.4 diff

From: Jeff Kish <jeff.kish_at_ait-mmii.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 17:09:01 GMT

I have an app that uses proc to make Oracle calls to open/ use/ and shut the database. During the time the database is open, it can make a call to a dll which has its own Oracle database open/use/shut code in it.

Under an older release which used proc 2.1, it made a call to a dll which opened and shut the database. This did not affect the SEPARATE open connection made from the application.

Under a newer release which uses proc 2.4, when the call to the dll causes an open / close to occur in the dll, the application seems to lose its connection.

Is this really new behavior, and is this the way it is supposed to be? I guess this is what I get for using default connections?

Is this documented changed behavior for Pro-c 2.2.4?

Thanks
Jeff Kish
jeff.kish_at_ait-mmii.com Received on Thu May 06 1999 - 19:09:01 CEST

Original text of this message