Databases

From: Joseph Carl Olson <joseph.olson_at_snet.net>
Date: 1999/05/05

I have a database, protocol(odbc), jdbc question. Not really sure which

.. or how to ask it so that it makes sense so beer with me for a minute while I ramble on and eventually I might actually spit it out!

I want to have a program (probably Java) display a list of all the 'databases' on a
machine (or for a person).

So, for example, I know I can, with the java.sql.DatabaseMetaData interface
I can getTables() for a specific database. But what I would like to do is
first be able to get all of the databases. I'm thinking if this can even
be done at all it is probably a protocol specific thing. That is perhaps
there is a way to ask of ODBC: what are all of the user defined data sources that you know about for me?

Any thoughts?! Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message