Re: More benchmark bullshit, and Linux luser mating calls... (was Re: Linux betas NT in TPC testing, running Oracle8

From: Leslie Mikesell <les_at_MCS.COM>
Date: 27 Apr 1999 15:49:34 -0500

In article <7g55ts$sqh$2_at_nnrp03.primenet.com>, Stephen Edwards <ja207030_at_primenet.com> wrote:

>Whether or not one needs to reboot a server for changes has _ZERO_ bearing
>on its stability. Stability is an issue of how good the hardware and the
>drivers using that hardware are.
>
>[] "No footnote for you!" -- Footnote Nazi
>--
>.-----.

Downtime is downtime. Stability means running. I take it you haven't acually tried to keep a server running around the clock for a large group of people with changing needs yet. It doesn't generally matter to them why the server isn't running.

  Les Mikesell
    les_at_mcs.com Received on Tue Apr 27 1999 - 22:49:34 CEST

Original text of this message