Re: Q: Oracle 8i , EJB and HTTP

From: support <msftmail_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:52:41 -0400

Reuscher, Andreas wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Is it possible to call an EJB in the Oracle 8i directly over a
> HTTP-Request (direct in the HTML-Code, no client java applet) without
> invoking the Oracle Application server?
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Reuscher, A.

Well, you don't need OAS at any rate, and I know that pure IIOP connections can be made, but I haven't heard of doing it purely from HTML (I am not discounting the possiblity). The EJB client needs to have the generated stubs (and these are provided as Java class files in an JAR file) or the equivalent. Received on Tue Apr 27 1999 - 15:52:41 CEST

Original text of this message