Re: Y2K Testing

From: Ron Leedy <rleedy_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1999/03/09

That depends on:

  1. what is in your database?
  2. what are you doing in your testing?
  3. what do you consider bad things?
  4. is this your production database?

The biggest problem would be if you have event driven transactions in your database or part of your testing. It could trigger those off or create unneccessary transactions to kick off later. It will not effect any of the system catalogues if that is what is "bad".

Allan Kelly wrote:

> What happens if I reset my shutdown my database, set the system date to the
> year 2000, run my tests, shutdown the database, reset the date to the
> current date, and re-start the database? Do bad things happen?

Ronald Leedy                        rleedy_at_us.oracle.com
Live as is if you were to die tomorrow.
Live as if you would live forever.