Re: Restore of Oracle db on a new RS/6000 - help

From: FunInPA <funinpa_at_aol.com>
Date: 1999/03/08

I just did a disaster recovery for one of our Oracle systems - being a Sysadmin, and not a DBA, I enlisted the help of one of out DBA's - since we ran into this very same problem.

The error message from svrmgrl is due to the fact that certain Oracle specific kernel extension have not been loaded.

From the Oracle home/bin directory I believe you have to run rootpre.sh, which installs the kernel extensions for AIX (it also puts an entry in intttab to load at each subsequent reboot). Run that, and you should be fine.

-Dan