ORACLE vs SQL 7 ??

From: David Bafri <dbafri_at_qc.aibn.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 23:56:28 -0500

Hello,

 I'v been developping VB apps for 3.5 years and using Access DB (MDB) as a back end. I need to change DBs because my clients companies are growing and I'm sure they would be better off with a database able to handle thousands or millions of records.

  1. How capable is the Access 7.0 database, how many records can in hold and whats its byte capacity ?
  2. Should I switch to the new ORACLE 8 DB or Microsoft's SQL Server 7.0 DB.
  3. Can I shipp the ORACLE DB like the MDB or is it like SQL Server where I would need to work on the server machine ?

 I like MDB because of it's simplicity but I need to move on to a more enterprise oriented DB.

Thanx in advance for your advice

            Dave Received on Wed Mar 03 1999 - 05:56:28 CET

Original text of this message