Re: How do you determine initial and next extents ?

From: Gene Plagge <gplagge_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1999/02/17

Keith,

I usually use the default values for tablespace initial and next extents, i.e., I don't specify them in the create tablespace statement, since the inital and next extents in the create tablespace command are only used as default values if you omit them when creating tables and indexes.

I spend much more time estimating the size of the objects in the tablespace, and the initial and next extents for those objects.

Lots of documentation about these topics in the Oracle docs.

Hope this helps.

Gene Plagge
Manager, International Database Services Worldxchange, Inc.