Re: Oracle8i on linux!!

From: Joel Sloan <jjs_at_c-me.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 05:12:28 GMT

Neil May wrote:

> Victor,
>
> Don't know, but I installed it on my PC the other day and it uses 40 meg
> of physical ram and 120 virtual! That is the Enterprise NT edition.

Don't know about nt, as I don't use it - but Oracle 8.05 is runing nicely on several Linux systems here which have 64 MB RAM, and they are also running other programs, e.g. apache, sendmail, named...

Oracle and all it's helper programs appear to have a combined resident set size of about 14 MB in the quiescent condition. (Of course if we start doing outer joins on a huge table, that's going to increase.)

jjs Received on Sat Feb 13 1999 - 06:12:28 CET

Original text of this message