Re: UTL_FILE : Is it possible to use utl_file through network path ?

From: Dennis Reed <djr3_at_pge.com>
Date: 1999/01/21

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:48:37 +0100, Eddy Orlowski <eorlowski_at_consultdata.nl> wrote:

>Sebastien CLEYET-MERLE wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am working with Oracle 7.3.4. under NT 4.0.
>>
>> Is it possible to use the Oracle package utl_file with network path ?
>>

>I'm afraid not.
>That's because utl_file works under NT's internal system account, and this
>account does not have access to the network.
>
>Eddy.

See also my messages under comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security. I'm trying to solve the same problem. Be aware that creating a domain id with network access and setting oracle to run under that id doesn't solve the problem - I've done that and now can't connect to the instance at all.

Oracle is looking into this for me (TAR 11595874.600)

Dennis Reed
Pacific Gas and Electric Received on Thu Jan 21 1999 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message