Re: about listener Q

From: John Koo <johnkoo_at_i-wave.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 18:39:23 -0800

whale wrote:

> I want to connect Server (Unix Oracle7.32) and Client (PC ORACLE
> Workgroup7.33)
> How can modify the error

> ORA-12505:TNS :listener could not resolve
> SID given in connect descriptor

> THanks for helpYour problem might be caused by invalid Net8 setting.

Have you checked the server & client TNS settings? make sure listener.ora is correct. Then, set up the tnsnames.ora in the server and try to connect from server to server using,say, sqlplus; If not work, then try ping, try tnsping...step by step to resolve the problem. If work, then set up the same tnsnames.ora in client machine and try connect again.

John Received on Mon Jan 18 1999 - 03:39:23 CET

Original text of this message