Re: Help on Oracle Web Agent Replacement

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1999/01/03

A copy of this was sent to Peizhong Wu <wupz_at_engin.umich.edu> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Sat, 02 Jan 1999 22:27:50 +0000, you wrote:

>Hi, I am trying to install Oracle Web Agent Replacement from
>http://govt.us.oracle.com without success.

you want to make sure you read the file owarepl/doc/owas3.html -- it describes how to configure this cartridge with OAS3.x. This cartridge uses a file called owa.cfg to log into databases and this page describes how to setup this file and get the whole thing going.

Also, make sure you read the owarepl/doc/dnld.html page for important information regarding setting the read_chunk_size variable in the wrb.app file for uploads (else uploads larger then 64k will fail -- with this variable set appropriately, they will not fail)

>There are many confusion in the installation guide of OWAR. For example,
>I can not find owa.cfg in my WAS301 package.
>
>The system I am using is:
> Oracle804 in winNT4.0, Web Application Server3.0.1
>
>I am trying to find a package which can upload/download files from
>oracle database. Does anyone has suggestion?
>
>please send email to : wupz_at_engin.umich.edu
>
>Thanks
>
>Peizhong Wu
>University of Michigan

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

--
http://govt.us.oracle.com/    -- downloadable utilities

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you,
you have to make it easy to get email to you.  Any bounced
email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it.