ADO vs. RDO

From: <jcreson_at_nycap.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 20:49:04 GMT

We are about to make a decision whether to go with reliable RDO or the "new kid", ADO V2.0 for a major State agency project. I can see both sides here and personally would opt for ADO - we will be accessing an Oracle 8 DB, flat files and a Web component as well. The client is perceived to be skittish toward new technology, so we have to present a compelling argument to go with ADO. Does anyone out there have any VB6 - Oracle ADO/RDO successes or horror stories to give us more to go on?

 Thanks in Advance...

Jim Creson
Senior Consultant
Keane Inc.
Albany, NY Received on Thu Dec 03 1998 - 21:49:04 CET

Original text of this message