Help: how to creat the new database using Server Manager?

From: sirirut vanichayobon <svanicha_at_cs.ou.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 20:03:34 -0600

Hi,

   I am using Oracle 8.0.4 on Digital Unix V4.0.    I would like to use Server Manager to create a database manually.    I already have two databases running which I created by using Oracle Installer.

   Firstly, I set the ORACLE_SID = test (my new database instance).    Then, I used server manager and connected as 'internal' user.    Then I issued this command 'startup nomount pfile=inittest.ora.    I got these messages:

  • ORA-00443: background process "PMON" did not start
  • ORA-09922: Can't spawn process - background log directory not created properly Digital Unix Error: 2: No such file or directory

  I think I have to create an instance ('test') first. I haven't know idea how to do it.

Thanks for your help,

-sirirut Received on Fri Nov 27 1998 - 03:03:34 CET

Original text of this message