Lost control file

From: Sandy Pittendrigh <sandy_at_nervana.montana.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 06:44:24 -0700

I lost a hard drive, which contained
a backup control file and redo log.
This is a 'read-mostly' research database that hadn't been updated in weeks. I didn't lose any table spaces, only a redundant control file and redo log on a separate disk.

config.ora had:

control_files           = (/opt/oracle/oradata/lab1/control01.ctl,
                           /oracle/oradata/lab1/control02.ctl,
<====this one on this drive lost
                           /nfs-mounted-dir/oradata/lab1/control03.ctl)

So I copied the ctl file and redo log from the primary location (after installing a new disk) and renamed the files appropriately. But upon re-starting the database, I got the following:

ORA-00214: control file '/opt/oracle/oradata/lab1/control01.ctl' version 1316 inconsistent with file '/oracle/oradata/lab1/control02.ctl' version 1301

But these files are identical, because I copied to the new disk from the primary location.
Only the date stamps differ. Should I 'touch' all three control files, to synch their time stamps?

What's the point of redundant control files if they can't substitute for eachother?

--
/* Sandy Pittendrigh                  >--oO0>

* sandy_at_nervana.montana.edu
* http://www.nervana.montana.edu/~sandy
*/