Record Locking and Unlocking from VB5...Help!!!

From: Alastair Cameron <alastair.cameron_at_cableinet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 00:08:57 +0100

Hi.

I'm developing a VB5 application using RDO. I can't get the application to invoke a record lock on a particular record using VB (despite the documentation).

However, If I create a SELECT FOR UPDATE NOWAIT sql query, I can get the record lock I need. However, what command do I need to pass from VB5 to Oracle (Commit?) to explicitly unlock the record? I may be bringing the record back for viewing, or other times I will be issuing BEGINTRANS/COMMITTRANS before/after I update the record.

We are using Oracle 7.3.

Thanks.

--
Alastair Cameron