Q: How to connect Oracle8-Table by Java

From: Pombär <pombaer01_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 15:23:28 +0200

Hy,

I have a big problem. I want to connect a website to an Oracle8-Databasetable by a JAVA-Applet. I use Sun's JDK 1.1.6. How can I connect to the server ???

What installations do I need for this.

I tried it with the following code:

    //JDBC-ODBC Verknüpfung
  Class.forName ("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver");   Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection ("jdbc:odbc:Oracle8 tables", "User", "PWD");

The compilerresult does not know the Class.forName. I found this code in a book for JDBC.

I would be thankful, if someone can help me and writes me, how to handle it.

Thanks a lot

Pombaer, Germany Received on Fri Sep 04 1998 - 15:23:28 CEST

Original text of this message