Which Database?

From: Vipul Gore <vgore_at_info-objects.com>
Date: 1998/08/28

Hi

We have developed a simple HP Openview based network management system on Windows NT platform using Visual C++. We have 10-15 classes that need

to be stored in an RDBMS system. In a fully loaded system, we will have 1.25 million objects in the database (worst case). Typically we will have 400-500K objects in the
database. Each object (RDBMS table) has on the average 15-20 attributes (columns).

We will have atmost 5-10 concurrent users on the system.

Our NT platform has 128M RAM and 4 GB disk space. We can increase this if need be.

Reliability, Performance and Security are primary requirements of the RDBMS Does anyone has any suggestions on what kind of RDBMS should we use? Choice between Oracle, Sybase, Informix, MS SQL server or any others. Also if anyone has good or bad experiences using a certain database, we would like to know them.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vipul Gore
Info Objects, Inc. Received on Fri Aug 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message