Re: Supporting Multiple DBMS

From: Martin Brown <buzzard_at_capital.net>
Date: 21 Aug 1998 14:30:29 GMT

martin f. brown

To:	michael_brule_at_phl.com
Subject:	Re: Supporting Multiple DBMS

Hi, Nice to talk to someone like myself. We have 10 databases that 4 of us are required to support. I.E. db/2, idms, Informix, universe, gupta, access, SQL-server, et al... You get the picture. Now the decision makers are looking at an Oracle solution; hence why I am here. Majority of my time is DB2/UDB support and I guess that makes me a BLUE bigot. Our intent is to find a 'data centric solution' (whatever that means) and re-engineer our entire applications environment. We have a pilot project for Oracle and I'm looking for any and all information - good or bad. Specifically about cost, add-on costs, and support (I hear that's a real sore subject). I can be reached at <martin_brown_at_amanet.org>. Thanks for reading this and any info is greatly appreciated.

michael brule <michael_brule_at_phl.com> wrote in article <35D9857F.15B7_at_phl.com>...