!!Oracle DBA/Analyst - Rapid City, SD (not a contract position)

From: <ADBS_at_rapidnet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 19:05:20 GMT

Our Company
ADBS is a small, start-up company focused on providing highly customized software solutions for our client-base of Fortune 500+ companies worldwide. We specialize in data collection, data transmission, database uniformity and product data analysis related to reliability data analysis. We primarily deliver corporate intranets, sophisticated web-database systems and client/server solutions on Unix/NT/Windows platforms, utilizing a variety of back-end databases, with focus on reliability engineering.

ADBS is located in Rapid City, SD, at the foot of the beautiful Black Hills. Rapid City offers ideal year-round recreational activities being unsurpassed in hunting, fishing and hiking, with an unmatched seasonal climate, beautiful springs and autumns with dry summers and mild winters. We are a loyal employer, growing rapidly and in need of high quality professionals who are interested in living in a rural community. All projects are developed and tested in-house, and then installed remotely. Therefore, minimal travel is required. If you are tired of the headaches of a big city and want all the amenities a smaller community offers, this job is for you.

ADBS offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, in a flex-time, informal workplace. If you are interested this job opportunity in the beautiful Black Hills area and have any of the following skills, please send us your resume. We anticipate expanding our staff at least 3 people in the next 6-8 weeks and an additional 2-3 people within the next 6-9 months.

Oracle DBA/Programmer
Design and implement Oracle data models, from stand alone systems to worldwide distributed/replicated systems. Most models will be populated via internet applications. Provide consulting expertise and leadership in proposing and delivering state-of-the-art technical solutions for customer applications. Will be involved in full cycle database design work, from needs assessment, data analysis/modeling to implementation, since most of our applications are new development, and not legacy maintenance.

Requirements:
We are seeking creative, ambitious, self starters who are passionate about database application development and enjoy challenges and doing diversified project work. The successful candidate must have:
- 2+ years technical background as an ORACLE DBA working on Unix/NT.

  • Experience using Oracle replication
  • Experience in database application programming
  • Strong analysis, design and programming background.
  • Excellent written and oral communication skills, and be able to work independently.
  • Experience as Technical lead in large projects with multi-platform.
  • Internet Development a big plus: Java, C++, C, ActiveX/OLE, ASP, etc.
  • Experience with CORBA, DCOM and RMI a plus.
  • Experience with Visual Basic a plus.
  • Legal US citizens only please.

Send your resume in confidence to Jerry Young at ADBS_at_rapidnet.com (ASCII, HTML or Word formats are acceptable).

Phone interviews will begin the week of August 10th. UNSOLICITED RESUMES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. EEO/Smoke-free Received on Wed Jul 15 1998 - 21:05:20 CEST

Original text of this message