Re: Form4.5 Codes Delay

From: Marcus Reichardt <mr_at_diamanda.hh.eunet.de>
Date: 1998/07/02

ªü´ö Thenardier wrote:

> When users click on a button, a process that takes much time
> begins. In order to tell the users the process has started,
> a display item will then show 'In process'. The codes for
> this purpose is like this:
>
> :main_block.process_status := 'In Process';
> -- set system cursor to 'busy' here...
> -- long process begins here...
>
> What i see on the screen is: the hourglass appears and
> the process goes on. But the 'In Process' doesn't come out
> until the whole process has completed.
>
> What happen? Can anyone help me to solve it? Thanks!
>
> Thenard
> -------
> Pls remove .hk in reply

The problem is, that the forms engine does not reflect a changed gui until it comes up again for the user to enter data, i.e. it collects all changes and displays them at once, if the user finally is expected to enter keys, rather than displaying them as soon as the change is executed programmatically. I think there is no easy solution to that problem.

Marcus Reichardt
Consultant Received on Thu Jul 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message