ODBC/Rdb error on VMS

From: John Armstrong <john_at_leva.leeds.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 15:09:05 +0100 (BST)

Apologies if this is an inappropriate place to ask ...

One of my colleagues is is running a Delphi application to connect to an RDB database (on a VMS platform) via ODBC from a Win NT client. The connection is via TCP/IP. He gets the persistent error

   Key violation
   [Oracle][ODBC][Rdb] Connect ret 0 Err#10061    WSAECONNREFUSED Connection refused
   Alias: dbDCS

(dbDCS is I believe the database he is trying to connect to.) This message is apparently associated with "Server Error -2003,SQLSRV_NETERR" - which is described unhelpfully as 'Network error'.

If he runs the application on a Windows'95 PC he gets the same error, but on yet another Windows'95 PC the connection *is* made successfully.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be wrong here or where we should be looking?

Thanks

John Armstrong                               Computer System Adminstrator
john_at_lrf.leeds.ac.uk                         LRF Centre at Leeds University
                                             17 Springfield Mount
                                             Leeds LS2 9NG
                                             0113 233 3912 (phone)
                                             0113 242 6065 (fax)