Re: SQL Question

From: Ngkc Paul <paulkcng_at_netvigator.com>
Date: 1998/06/22

A simple testing in SQL+ on oracle 7.3.3

SQL> select (select count(*) from dual) from dual; select (select count(*) from dual) from dual

        *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00936: missing expression

It seems that the select list cannot be a select statment.

I know what you mean. Your SQL is ok for positioning or ranking.

But if we want to get the record number or row number of the result set, there may be problem.