Small DBMS

From: Mike Rogers <mdrogers_at_dcs.uky.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 15:07:49 -0400

Hello,

I am in search of a small database server for an individual plant site. I noticed that Oracle offers Oracle Lite. Does Oracle Lite allow simultaneous remote connections, or is Oracle Lite strictly an embedded database?

If Oracle Lite is strictly an embedded database, does Oracle offer a database, such as Sybase's SQL Anywhere, that has many of the goodies of a full sized server (transactions, stored procedures, etc) and that allows multiple remote connections, but with a small footprint? I don't need the expense of an Oracle 8 server, nor the complexity.

Thanks in advance for you reply,

Michael D. Rogers
consultant Received on Fri Jun 19 1998 - 21:07:49 CEST

Original text of this message