Re: NULL versus NOT NULL usage

From: RABK <rkarl_at_consultec-inc.com>
Date: 1998/06/04

Another point worth mention in PowerBuilder is that a NULL returned from a datawindow when loading into
a string or int array variable causes a datatype mismatch. NULLS dont have a datatype in class attribute terms!

Consequently, if you concatenate in Sybase one NULL and one NOT NULL field, it will also return a NULL!

This is all very disturbing!

Thomas Kellerer <Thomas.Kellerer_at_say_no_to_spam_tps-labs.de> wrote in article <35756519.783767CA_at_say_no_to_spam_tps-labs.de>...