Re: Comparisons

From: Gary Greenberg <greeng_at_young.epc.lmms.lmco.com>
Date: 1998/03/24

Blanche Cohen wrote:

> I'm new to both newsgroups and am hoping for pointers/directions/
> suggestions on a comparison of the two RDBMS. I'm sure there are
> trade studies, etc but I don't know where to look.
>
> All suggestions appreciated.
>
> thanks

What kind of comparison do you need?
If you want to compare some features I would recommend you to look November, 1996
issue of DBMS magazine. ( http://www.dbmsmag.com ) It has a comparison summary for
six major database engines: ORACLE, SYBASE, INFORMIX, MS SQL SERVER, DB2 and CA-OPENINGRES. It is little bit obsolete by now, but still usefull. If you need performance benchmarking, I am not aware of any independant study. Any
RDBMS vendor will present you with the set of benchmarks that favor their product(s). Received on Tue Mar 24 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message