How to assign rights ?

From: ShivKumar <vihs_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: 1998/03/23

Hi all,

We are a group of people working with Java and Oracle. We don't have any enterprise data in the server. So our main purpose of using oracle is to test for connectivity and data retrieval. We are not Oracle DBA (and we don't have interest to become one also), I am posting this question to this group. If you can help us we do not have to spend much time on learning DBA concepts.

Now the question.

I have created a user, say BART. BART has created some procedures. I use ODBC/JDBC to retrieve stored procedure information. (Logged in as BART)

• When I say SQLProcedures("%") it returns me all stored procedures

----------------------- OUTPUT ---------------------------------

<Null>, "SYS", "PSTUB", <Null>, <Null>, <Null>, <Null>, 1
<Null>, "SYS", "PSTUBT", <Null>, <Null>, <Null>, <Null>, 1
<Null>, "SYS", "SUBPTXT", <Null>, <Null>, <Null>, <Null>, 1
<Null>, "SYS", "SUBPTXT2", <Null>, <Null>, <Null>, <Null>, 1
<Null>, "BART", "PROC1", <Null>, <Null>, <Null>, <Null>, 1
<Null>, "BART", "PROC2", <Null>, <Null>, <Null>, <Null>, 1

Here "PROC1" and "PROC2" were created by BART, as shown in the SCHEMA column. Why do I get some other procedures ( PSTUB, PSTUBT... ) of SYS schema ?

• When I say SQLProcedureColumns("%") it returns me column information for only those procedures of SYS schema. ( PSTUB, PSTUBT, SUBPTXT, SUBPTXT2 ) But whereas BART is only intersted in the procedures he created.

    How do I get procedure columns for all procedures created by BART ?     What rights should BART have in order to view this information ?

• What ODBC/JDBC call should I use to view all procedures inside packages ?

Thanx for any help.

--
shiv
vihs_at_rocketmail.com