Re: Version Control

From: Alan Johnson <alan.johnson_at_gel.com>
Date: 1998/03/19

All of these suggestions seem to be handling source code control outside the database (which, admittedly is where it usually is). Does anyone have any suggestions that embed the versioning inside the database. Specifically, as stored procedures change, previous versions are kept, such that referential integrity between a set of data and the stored procedure used to process the data at the time of instantiation can be maintained. I'm thinking a journal on the system table(s) that store the source for the stored procs, but if there is somethig better, please let me know.

Alan